Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Wall, Internet, Heat, and more!

We never know what's coming around the next corner here in Haiti. I have been trying to post a photo or two, but the internet can be sketchy here at times. Just logging in can be tricky - fairly unpredictable.
It is very humid here. More so than in February. The temperature is not much different though. With all of us being from western Canada, it is very noticeable. The team tends to go strong in the morning, but the afternoon heat/humidity brings a slower pace.
They are making great strides on the wall around the property. The bobcat has been working flawlessly - thankfully. It is needed to take the concrete posts and slabs from this campus to the new property. I will post pictures as soon as I can.
This afternoon, I went with Marc and Lisa to see a few of the houses that Haiti Arise has built for some families who lost their homes in the earthquake. These homes are concrete (24 x 24) with three rooms in them. One would be a living room with two bedrooms. Kitchen and bathrooms are outside. These homes look like mansions compared to many. Which makes me extremely grateful for all I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment